Kalamazoo Kayak Pool Sessions
Gabel Natatorium Map
Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions about the pool for Kalamazoo Lessons and individual pool time.
- The map above shows where to unload your kayak.
- All pool sessions are held at Gabel Natatorium on WMU’s campus.
- It is an olympic sized pool.
- We typically work as a team to load and unload boats.
- There is a lifeguard.
- If you are working on lessons a lifejacket is required. (hauling you up by your armpits and your face hurts).
- Pool Sessions are 7pm-9pm.
- If you want to sign up for a lesson, please go here and register.
- If you want to use the pool, you are welcome to do that, the cost is $20. Please bring exact change, because I won’t, anything above the amount is a tip!
- Your kayak/canoe must be clean inside and out. There will be a rinsing station.
- There are gendered changing rooms.
- The earliest you want to show up is around 6:45. The pool is occupied prior to us coming in. So unloading your boat and getting inside happens right at 7pm.
- We sometimes play group games and do activities you are welcome to join these whether you are signed up for a lesson or not. 🙂
- Fill out this waiver prior to your arrival.