Jan 16 Pool Time
January 16, 2022
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Pool Sessions Kalamazoo College 2022 Sunday Jan 16 7-9pm
This pool session will run at the K College Natatorium from 7-9 PM. 1010 Academy St, Kalamazoo, MI 49006. Parking will be on the street so arrive early to make sure you can unload and find a spot.
1010 Academy St, Kalamazoo, MI 49006
The pool door is here on the north western corner of the building. Please clean your kayak and ensure it is debris free.
1. Vaccinations are required and proof documented with ACA waivers. A negative rapid covid test from the day of the event will also be acceptable. No exceptions. It will be part of the safety plan for the sessions and the waiver. We are limiting the sessions to a maximum of 12 due to Covid-19 which we are going to take with deadly seriousness. White water boats are preferred, but a few sea kayaks are fine. Message me ahead of time if you want/need to bring a sea boat to make sure.
2. We will need at least 6 participants to make this cost effective and NOT canceled. We will make the call on Fridays do determine if the session is canceled.
3. Following on from point 1. If you are sick. Stay home for 10 days. If you have ANY symptoms DO NOT come. If you have are in contact with anyone who has had symptoms, DO NOT come.
4. When you are not in the water at the pool, a mask is required at all times. Yes, this means literally putting a mask at the pool side with your dry gear the moment you get out, and it means loading, unloading, dressing, undressing. etc. At any point where there is a potential for infection where you are not in the water, a mask is required. I figure it is easier to be very specific and have no one get sick, than not spell it out and have new infections. This does not preclude anyone who has already tested positive for the virus. So simply put, masks apply to everyone.
5. Social distancing will be required. 6 feet minimum, (roughly the size of one playboat away). We will have a mandatory safety session at the beginning of each session to cover wet exits. We will ensure everyone knows how to wet exit. Once you’ve passed the mandatory wet exit drill, the group will assume responsibility for rescues only in emergencies.