Kalamazoo Kayak Pool Sessions
Gabel Natatorium Map
Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions about the pool for Kalamazoo Lessons and individual pool time.
- The map above shows where to unload your kayak.
- All pool sessions are held at Gabel Natatorium on WMU’s campus.
- It is an olympic sized pool.
- We typically work as a team to load and unload boats.
- There is a lifeguard.
- If you are working on lessons a lifejacket is required. (hauling you up by your armpits and your face hurts).
- Pool Sessions are as follows
- Jan 5, 2020 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Jan 19, 2020 8:30am-10:30am
- Feb 2, 2020 10am-12pm
- Feb 9, 2020 10am-12pm
- Feb 23, 2020 10am-12pm
- Mar 8, 2020 10am-12pm
- If you want to sign up for a lesson, please go here and register.
- If you want to use the pool, you are welcome to do that, the cost is $20. Please bring exact change, because I won’t, anything above the amount is a tip!
- Your kayak/canoe must be clean inside and out. There will be a rinsing station.
- There are gendered changing rooms.
- The earliest you want to show up is around 30 minutes early. The pool is occupied prior to us coming in. So unloading your boat and getting inside happens right at start time.
- We sometimes play group games and do activities you are welcome to join these whether you are signed up for a lesson or not. 🙂
- Fill out this waiver prior to your arrival.