Kayak Pool Sessions 2016-2017 Announced
Our 2016 – 2017 Calendar is beginning to take shape. Our second announcement is the 2016 – 2017 Pool Sessions. We are at Gabel Natatorium again this year.
Where: Gabel Natatorium Pool, Under Lawson Ice Arena, WMU Campus. Gabel Natatorium Directions Map
When: Sundays 7-9 PM (dates as follows)
Dec 11, 2016
Dec 18 2016
Jan 22, 2017
Feb 5, 2017
Feb 19, 2017
Feb 26, 2017
Mar 5, 2017
Mar 19, 2017
Cost: $60.00 for a Lesson
I worded these below in the phrase of “I must”, because there always seems to be a great deal of confusion about the pool session costs and boat rental.
- I just want to use the pool: $20.00 (you can bring cash, or credit card, or check made out to Keith Wikle).
- I want to use the pool and get a lesson: $60.00
- I want to rent a kayak from Lee’s (which I must pick up, pay for, and transport prior to the session) and use the pool: $20.00
- I want to rent a kayak from Lee’s (which I must pick up, pay for, and transport prior to the session) and get a lesson: $80.00
What do I need to bring?
- A spotlessly clean kayak. The lifeguards have expressed contempt and disdain for us in the past based on dead leaves, nuts and berries, and dead squirrels into the pool. So spray down your kayak inside and out BEFORE bringing it to the pool.
- If you are doing a lesson you NEED a sea kayak or a white water kayak, NO rec boats.
- Lifejacket. I know it seems silly while in the pool, with a lifeguard, BUT if I have to perform a hand of god on you, do you want me grabbing your face to get you upright in an emergency. Didn’t think so…
- Swimsuit (required), towel and goggles (not required but recommended)
- Sprayskirt I know it seems silly to have to mention it, but yes you do need a spray skirt to do rolling.